Photobucket  Photobucket Photobucket  Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Just a thought...and a question?

I just had to post some thoughts today to get them out of head... as a designer some ideas will pop into your head, and I think it is sooo weird how ideas come to all of us designers at the same time. Like for instance, this last week I thought, I am going to do a whole bunch of kits with different sports. I get my pallets all ready, I find brushes, and such that I like to start the kit. Then while I am looking around scrap land, I see sports kits popping up all over the place. Another one is medical...I am working on a kit and all of a sudden I see the same idea all over. Is it just me, or are we all getting epiphanies at the same time. HEHE. I am not upset about this, I actually think it is pretty funny. But my question to all you scrappers out there is this...do you like to see the same themes with kits, and have multiple choices, or do you get sick of seeing the same thing all over the place? I just thought I would ask to see if I should continue with my ideas, or just pull the plug on some? Thanks for your input in advance.

9 comments:

  1. Okay, my personal opinion is I get tired of seeing the same kits out all at once. It's a bit of an overload for me. Just sharing my thoughts....hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring them on! The more, the merrier, I say :0)
    It's not a bad thing to have options, and multiple kits help me with a little variety when it comes to scrapping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to have options. Itis nice to have a choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a designer but I have noticed this. It's funny because whenever I need a certain type of kit, All the designers seem to come out with one. My mind must be on the same wavelength as you designers :)
    I have to say I do enjoy it. I like having choices and I like seeing all of the different interpretations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally I like to have choices, I may want a specific theme, but not like the color choices given by one designer, but love it by someone else. Plus, I would think that not all sales happen the first week or two. If someone finds you for one type of kit they may want to search through all your kits, so even iv there are others of the same theme, they are just looking at yours. JMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like variety. I also design (not good yet). I like to see the different styles, color palletts and elements from different designers. If their is enough variety, I use the same kit for mulitple layouts of the same theme. Thanks for asking.
    LilyAnn aka http://afishdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy the multiple kits with the same themes. Gives us lots to choose from! Thanks so much for all your sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, that's a hard one. I do get sick of seeing the same themed kits out there, and I end up buying the ones I really like, and forget the rest. Like school themes, right now I am about school'd out! My kids aren't in school yet, and I was part of a blog train that did a school theme, I did your school kit (which was almost a month later) and I acutally bought a school kit from one of my fave stores, but now when I see another school kit, I'm like UGH!! I don't know if you can completely get away from it, as sometimes you have to go with the seasons, like I don't have any halloween kits at all. I am starting to see some popping up, and I know I'll end up with a few, but gimme a couple weeks and I'll be sick of pumpkins and bats!! I think the thing is to try to come up with elements or designs that aren't in every kit you see. That should be easy, right?!?! lol Don't know if I was any help hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was going to reply earlier but things got in the way. I like the variety, but after a few days its old and I am way tired of the same things. I think it is funny that everyone comes out with the same things though. I pretty much agree with what Rose said. Jana

    ReplyDelete